(MEN) Metanoia – Fundamental Change in One’s Beliefs

 This entry was posted on Monday, March 15th, 2021 at 9:42 pm



My only goal in life was to be rich. I always figured that if I was rich then I would have everything I wanted…….no challenges, money to do whatever I wanted, and I assume a level of success. I had everything I needed right there in front of me. There was one major problem though, I had no belief in myself, no plan on how to accomplish anything, no interests that I recognized as positive and not self-destructive, and no discipline. What the hell do we do with that? I gave up. Over, and Over, and Over, and Over again. In fact, I say I am an expert at only two things in this world, me/myself, and quitting (because of all of the times I quit when things got hard).

Jordan Peterson is one of my absolute favorite people. His pragmatic thought processes provide such a beneficial support structure to build resiliency, discipline, and those steps to do good in life. Dr. Peterson’s wisdom is simple, but the practical steps it takes to move forward can be overwhelming, especially if you don’t know where to start. Start with what interests you, and then go from there. This world is freaking hard, its harder when you are miserable and have no direction. Don’t give up, if you want change to happen then…….YOU HAVE TO MOVE. Nothing good ever came from sitting on our ass crying whoa is me. Let’s figure this crap out.

1) Make a plan
2) Look at what you are interested in
3) Become disciplined in what you want
4) Recognize that you have something of SIGNIFICANCE to offer the world
5) Don’t shy away from taking on responsibility


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(MEN) How Do I Become More Effective in the Everyday?

(ALL) Anxiety, I freaking hate it!