(ALL) Anxiety, I freaking hate it!

 This entry was posted on Thursday, March 11th, 2021 at 8:25 pm


When I was in my early 20’s I was at a department store. If I remember correctly, I was simply returning something that my mom had gotten for me. I don’t remember there being a level of stress as that is not what stand out. As I approached the counter to pay, my vision started to become altered. My heart began beating harder and faster then I have ever felt. I was losing it, right in front of these people. “Don’t pay attention…..you can get through this…..this is nothing…..etc.” ran through my head. Next, it felt like walls were closing in on me as my eyesight began to close. In a moment, I dropped everything on the counter and ran to the bathroom where I would be perched on the toilet, praying to any God that would hear me, to please take this from me. It would be years later when I would learn that this was a panic attack. It was a terribly frightening experience for me.

Anxiety is all about chaos in the brain and the body. When you are in full blown panic attack, there is no order, only chaos. So, the question is, how do we bring some order to that place?

Take a look at this video that a client recently brought to my attention. Like most things, anxiety is not a one size fits all and thus does not have a set “take this, do this, and this will happen” type of challenge.

Here is one man’s story of how he is working WITH his anxiety.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(MEN) How Do I Become More Effective in the Everyday?