Gifts/Abilities + Purpose = Fulfillment

 This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 11th, 2020 at 10:47 pm


I have consistently battled with self-doubt. In my darkest of times, self-doubt was a lingering, malevolent voice in my head creating a narrative that I believed. I always believed myself a failure, a loser, worthless to society and better off gone. It was chaos, both internally and externally. In 2017 something would happen that would unlock much of the chaos and bring a sense of order that I had never really felt I knew.

Internal chaos has been a theme for much of my life. My problem was in the inability to find a healthy balance of chaos / order to combat the internal struggles. In 2003 I would have an “aha” moment that would begin the process of unlocking so much struggle. In 2003 I was coming out of the darkest time of my life, while being confronted with a light that I had never known. A random man, never knowing he had done it, unlocked a passage that would truly give me hope. This man talked to me about gifts, abilities, and purpose. All things I never truly believed I had. All things that would lead me from darkness and into the light.

Too many people out here struggle with the same thing. In my opinion, you will not have true inner peace without the accompanying knowledge of your gifts, abilities, and purpose. That’s what happened to me, and so much of what I attempt to help people see. 2017 was a year of conflict, both internally and professionally. Too many days of looking at the clock and just hoping 5pm was right there. I could not wait to leave work most days. At some point, something strange would start to happen…….I would start to see pragmatically, leaving the pessimism of self behind. I noticed an internal joy that I would connect with the word, fulfillment.

Fulfillment comes when a person recognizes the gifts/abilities that he/she has been given, and then utilizing them to make the world a better place. Finding those out after you spent a lifetime battling your internal “demons”, is truly a unexplainable blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(MEN) How Do I Become More Effective in the Everyday?

(ALL) Anxiety, I freaking hate it!