(Dads) The FREAKING Bel-Vita!!!!

 This entry was posted on Thursday, November 7th, 2019 at 1:31 am


My 9-year-old daughter and I are having a very difficult time. By difficult, I mean that we are getting into verbal disputes regularly. This morning surprisingly did not involve me, but like I probably due to often, I involved myself. In doing so, I altered the course of my day and my daughter’s day. At the same time, my son is flipping his lid because we don’t have any Bel-Vita’s (the breakfast of choice for a good run now). Great day so far. I wish I had some great story where I came in, handled it appropriately, and all was resolved. No, I overreacted, I yelled, I said silly things, thus leading both my kids to “have a great day at school!”, while I put on a fake smile and try to act like all is well. Not a proud moment for sure. So, what did I do?

I Amazoned the stupid freaking Bel-Vita’s………and in doing so, I immediately thought of how soft, weak, powerless, etc., etc., etc. The reality is that my daughter and I are not good right now, mostly because I am struggling with the powerlessness. My son and I are good now, because I immediately gratified the need want instead of letting my son suffer a few nights until I got to the grocery store. The challenge? This crap is hard, at least for me. But, in the end, keep pushing, keep persevering, get a tune-up from time to time, and just…….well, just.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(MEN) How Do I Become More Effective in the Everyday?

(ALL) Anxiety, I freaking hate it!