(ALL) LeBron James spends $1.5 million on………………………….

 This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 21st, 2019 at 7:57 pm


A few years back, the greatest NBA player in the league today shared that he spends approximately $1.5 million on taking care of his body (i.e. self-care). People were shocked at the amount of money, but in actuality this is a small percentage of his financial total. Now, the reality is that the majority of us do not have the type of money that LeBron James has, but it does bring up a good question? How much money do I invest in my self-care?

When you go to school for psychology, one of the first things that they tell you is about self-care. If you don’t take care of yourself, how can you help others? That is the basic mantra, but the reality is that the majority of us don’t take care of ourselves enough. I am definitely not a person that is well-versed in how cars run and what makes them tick. I do know though that we have to put gas in the car, get the oil changed, and……………from time to time have to get a tune-up. Google tune-up and this is what you will come across, “A car tune-up is a type of preventive maintenance performed on a vehicle to ensure it continues to perform well. A tune-up is typically regularly scheduled — once a year is a very soft rule of thumb — and offers the chance for you to get all of the preventive maintenance your car needs at that time. Getting a car tune-up regularly will help you maintain your car’s performance and extend its life.”

In reading this, you should come away with the understanding that if I want my cars engine to run EFFECTIVELY, then I need to get it tuned up from time to time. We all need a tune-up if we want our engines (i.e. mind, body, spirit) to run most effectively. Like a tune-up for a car, a tune-up for our bodies may include: exercising, getting my eating habits in a better place, getting outside in nature/sunlight, sleeping better, getting my brain on some more positive material (books, audio, etc.), surrounding myself with people that are challenging me and making me better, and potentially therapy to sort some things out.

How’s your engine running? Need a tune-up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(MEN) How Do I Become More Effective in the Everyday?

(ALL) Anxiety, I freaking hate it!