A Bunch of Reasons Why You Should Not Quit

 This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 1st, 2018 at 5:44 pm


I came across the article at the bottom this morning amongst my daily routine of wasting time, scrambling to get the kids off, trying to find peace, and the general “to do’s.” Truth be told, I am an expert at only two things in this world:
1) Me, because, well, no one knows me better than me;
2) Quitting, because of how many times I quit when I was growing up because:
o It was “too hard”
o I was “too stupid”
o I was a “loser”
o It was easier to say I quit than admit that I was beaten
o I was not bold enough to truly face my fears
o I can’t __________________ (which, by the way I never let my kids say)

The article, entitled “20 Reasons Why Not to Give Up” is interesting, so I decided to add the two that I use in therapy often.

Ryan’s “Two Additional Reasons Why Not to Give Up!!!!!”
1) The worst thing in this world is regret, because you cannot do anything about it.

2) You are only a failure, if…………you QUIT!!! The only person who knows if you really fought, worked your ass off, gave it everything you had……did not quit, is you. Sorry, you cannot run from the person looking back at you in the mirror.

Work hard, you won’t always be “successful”, but I can promise you it is better than #1 or #2.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessicahagy/2016/11/10/20-reasons-not-to-give-up/#3309d88f77bd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(MEN) How Do I Become More Effective in the Everyday?

(ALL) Anxiety, I freaking hate it!